- author: Income stream surfers
Why Posting Too Much Content Can Hurt Your SEO: Lessons Learned from My Experiment
In recent months, there has been a lot of discussion around the idea that one can post unlimited AI-generated content without experiencing any negative consequences. However, my recent experiment shows that this is not the case. In this article, I will discuss my experiment, share what went wrong, and show you how I am trying to recover from the damage.
I recently posted over 40 articles on my Shopify store in a period of three days. At the time, I believed that posting a large amount of content was completely acceptable and would not harm my website's SEO. However, very quickly, I realized that this was not the case.
All of the hidden blog posts on my Shopify store were initially indexed and even received a few impressions. However, they were all subsequently de-indexed, as many people have reported happening. This prompted me to question the idea that posting unlimited AI-generated content has no negative impact on SEO.
Recovering From My Mistake
To recover from the damage caused by my error, I made some changes on my website. Specifically, I:
- Added an FAQ section to my posts using the playground tool or Chachi PT.
- Shortened The Meta Title and Meta Descriptions
- Changed the URLs
- Resubmitted each article to be crawled.
After implementing these changes, I inspected the URL on Google Search Console and found that it was indexed successfully. While this was a small change, it had a huge impact on my website's recovery. Now, with up to 40 blog posts that already have keyword research, I can expect the website to perform much better.
However, I want to make it clear that I no longer recommend posting more than three GPT-4 blog posts per day. Although some pages may eventually get re-indexed, the risks and damage are not worth it.
Through this experiment, I learned important lessons that I want to share with other website owners and content creators:
- Perspective is important. It's essential to understand that SEO is a long-term effort, and it takes time to see the results, and at times things don't go as planned.
- It's critical to experiment, but ensure that you aren't compromising the integrity of your website.
- Writing quality content, even AI-generated content, doesn't happen overnight. Take time to research and plan effectively.
- Avoid over-optimization by limiting the number of posts per day and not using Fiverr backlinks that can easily harm the website's SEO.
In conclusion, AI-generated content is a powerful tool, but it is essential to use it prudently to avoid harming your website's SEO. While mistakes in SEO are an inevitable part of the process, it's important to take the time to learn from them and experiment wisely. A long-term approach with quality content, well-planned strategies, and consistent effort is the only way to succeed in SEO.