- author: Sonny Sangha
The Simplest Tutorial on How to Solve Rubik's Cube
Solving a Rubik's Cube may seem like an impossible task, but with the right strategy and guidance, it can be achieved. There are numerous tutorials available online, but most of them fail to deliver on their promise of teaching the skill in thirty minutes. Therefore, we bring to you the simplest tutorial on how to solve Rubik's Cube, which will take you through six different stages and assure its completion.
The Phases of Solving a Rubik's Cube
Our tutorial consists of six different videos, each lasting for about five to ten minutes, making it easier to learn without too much of a time investment. We recommend that you use each stage as a base, learn and master it entirely, and then move on to the next phase. Repeating this cycle will ultimately lead to solving the Rubik's Cube completely.
Phase 1: Forming a Cross
- Start by finding the side with the white Rubik's Cube Center.
- Form a cross by matching each side with their different color, with the white in the center.
- Use the corner piece to match the colored side with the center white.
- Repeat the above step till all the sides are done.
While practicing this step, you can also run into scenarios where some corner pieces might not be in the right position. In such a situation, rotate the Cube upwards or downwards to connect the pieces correctly.
Phase 2: Completing the Bottom Layer
- Find the corner piece with the color matching the center of the side.
- Use this corner piece to match with the adjoining side.
- Repeat the above step until all the sides of the bottom layer are done.
Phase 3: Completing the Second Layer
- Find the side that matches the color of the side facing you.
- Place the piece with the matching color to the side by sliding the side to the empty space and then sliding it back to its original place.
Phase 4: Placing the Final Layer Edges
- Hold the Rubik's Cube in such a way that the edge needs to be placed on the right-hand side.
- Position the Rubik's Cube with the final layer edged needing to be placed to the right and then apply the R' D' R D. Repeat this algorithm until the edge piece is in the correct location.
Phase 5: Placing the Final Layer Corners
- Hold the Rubik's Cube in such a way that the corner with a white sticker is on the top left-hand side.
- Apply the R' D' R D. Do this process twice, and the corner piece will be in its assigned position.
Phase 6: Orientation and Permutation of the Final Layer
- Hold the Rubik's Cube in your hand with the completed side facing towards you.
- Apply the R' D' R D algorithm until the Rubik's Cube is entirely solved.
Practice Makes Perfect
Rubik's Cube is not a difficult game if you follow the right techniques and practice regularly. The more you practice, the higher your chances of mastering it. Start with one stage, move on to the next ones, and before you know it, you'll be solving Rubik's Cube like a pro. Once you become an expert in it, you can even participate in Rubik's Cube competitions.
So keep practicing and have fun while solving Rubik's Cube.