- author: drcash production
The Basics of Cloaking in Affiliate Marketing
Hello, I am Roma, and welcome to the Doctor Cash Production channel. In this segment of the Affiliate Traffic Arbitrage Academy by Dr. Cash, we will discuss an essential aspect of any affiliate marketer's life, cloaking.
What is Cloaking?
Firstly, the term "cloaking" is not derived from the word "cloaca." Although they are sometimes confused due to their similarity when pronounced, they are spelled differently in English. In Affiliate Marketing, cloaking means to hide or mask the true content behind a link when a user clicks on it in an ad.
Why is Cloaking Necessary?
Cloaking is necessary because large traffic exchanges typically have strict moderation policies and may reject content displaying aggressive advertising. Therefore, to gain access to high-quality volumes of web traffic and earn profits, marketers use sophisticated cloaking techniques to hide the actual content, making it appear compliant.
What are the Three Elements of Cloaking?
Cloaking involves three essential elements, white pages, black pages, and cloaking software.
White Pages: A white page is a landing page that is entirely compliant with the traffic exchange's policies and does not contain any aggressive advertising techniques. This is the most straightforward type of white page and can be presented as an informative article linking back to the original source for the offer without explicitly promoting it. Alternatively, a thematic blog post could be used to lead users to white sites, reducing any suspicion.
Black Pages: These landing pages are designed to actuate user behavior by pushing and influencing them towards purchasing. By using persuasive facts, statistics, and other wow-factors, marketers strive to sway users into making a purchase.
Cloaking Software: The final element of cloaking is the actual software that manipulates a website's code to enable cloaking. This could include IPs masking, browser identification, user agents, and cookies.
The Importance of Cloaking in Digital Advertising
Cloaking is a technique used in digital advertising to improve conversion rates and protect profitable campaigns. In simple terms, it is the practice of showing different content to search engines and website visitors to disguise elements that could disrupt the user experience or trigger a penalty.
Types of Cloaking Techniques
There are various types of cloaking techniques, including IP cloaking, user-agent cloaking, and HTTP referer cloaking. One of the popular cloaking techniques is using trackers, which allow marketers to track and analyze their traffic sources, as well as filter out non-relevant traffic.
Special services that aid cloaking are also available in both paid and free versions, and they have more extensive filtering and database capabilities, which can be helpful in identifying fraudulent traffic and prevent click fraud. Some services even operate neural networks to analyze the behavior of devices. They also have integrations with popular trackers, which can make the setup process more seamless.
Benefits of Cloaking
Apart from its primary function of passing moderation, the benefits of cloaking include filtering out fraudulent traffic, hiding profitable campaigns from competitors, and shielding traffic from being detected by advertising networks.
Setting up Cloaking
When it comes to setting up cloaking, it is relatively simple. During the campaign setup process, you select the conditions under which the traffic should redirect to the white page or the landing page. It is essential to note that cloaking is not a permitted procedure, and accounts that implement this strategy may risk banning.
In practice, cloaking is easier to carry out on new or disposable accounts. It is also crucial to keep in mind that detection of such manipulation could lead to account blockage even if the strategy appears to be working successfully.
Example of Setting up Cloaking
To set up cloaking on tracker Ketera and Hype Click, you need to proceed to the settings and then to the bot list. After ticking all options, a URL should be added to the bot list, which can be found in the description section.
Setting up a Cloaking System in Kateara and HypeClick
Cloaking systems are essential in affiliate marketing, as they allow you to hide the true nature of your traffic from ad networks. In this article, we'll be covering how to set up a cloaking system in Kateara and HypeClick.
Setting up a Cloaking System in Kateara
- Find the list of bots by following the link in the description
- Create a new campaign and add three streams to it
- Set the first stream to send irrelevant traffic to White page, name it accordingly to avoid confusion
- Make the stream an interceptive type
- Add White page to the schema in the "Schema" tab
- In the "Filter" tab, select "or" and add the following filters:
- IPv6 types of devices
- Non-relevant devices
- User Agent (copy it from the list, which can also be downloaded from the description)
- Select the target country
- Click "Apply"
- Create the second stream for relevant traffic
- Set the stream type to normal
- In the "Schema" tab, select either the offer that has already been configured in China or the direct URL to stream the traffic to
- In the "Filter" tab, add the necessary conditions such as device type, geo OS, cities, etc.
- Click "Apply"
- Create the third stream to handle the traffic that the software cannot define from the previous two streams
- Name the stream according to your preference
- Set the stream type to terminative
- In the "Schema" tab, load White page and click "Apply"
- Save the campaign and go to the "Integration" tab
- Set Kate line PHP as the integration method
- Copy the code and paste it at the beginning of the code in the index.php file of the White page
- Save the file and download the Cake Click cline.php file and place it in the root domain
Setting up a Cloaking System in HypeClick
- In the main menu of the service, select "Download"
- Select "PHP"
- Fill in the three fields with the path to the White page folder, the path to the black page folder, and the geo you'll be working with
- Click "Allowed device"
Having a cloaking system in place will help you keep your traffic sources secure and minimize the risks of being flagged by ad networks.
Understanding Cloaking: Configuring and Probing
Cloaking is a sophisticated practice used by affiliates to hide their referral traffic that they send to advertisers. In essence, it's a way of concealing the true source of the traffic, making it appear as if the visit is coming from a genuine user. In this article, we will delve into the intricacies of cloaking, including its configuration, and probing someone else's cloaked traffic.
Setting Up Your Cloak
Below are the steps to set up your cloak:
- Navigate to the folder with your blackpage and take note of the Geo you'll be working with.
- Proceed to the "Allowed Device" section and select only the relevant devices.
- In the following step, you can set up a ban for new visitors and limit the number of visits. This will ensure that your traffic is moderated manually.
- Download the index.php file and upload it to your domain. Open to edit and change the line to "off".
- With that, your cloak is ready to go!
Probing Someone Else’s Cloak
Probing someone's cloaked traffic enables you to access their links, optimize them, and earn profits. Here's how to do it:
- Purchase proxies that match your target's Geo.
- Open the Anti-Detect browser and input your data into the mobile proxy.
- Increase your chances of success by adding extra information to the source of the traffic. For instance, add this: ...?ref=google.com to the end of your encoded URL.
- With your prepared browser profile, open the encoded link, and as it loads, you have successfully probed someone's cloak.
By understanding the concept of cloaking, configuring your own and probing someone else's, you will be able to refine your marketing approach and learn how to optimize links effectively. And while cloaking remains a contentious issue for many advertisers, this knowledge helps you make informed decisions about your marketing approach. If you have any questions or comments about the article, please share with us in the comment section.
Engage with Us: Asking Questions, Sharing Opinions, and More
We strongly encourage our viewers to engage with us through various means. Here are some ways to get in touch:
Ask Questions: If you have questions about a specific topic or video, please leave a comment and we will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Share Your Opinions: We value the opinions of our viewers and would love to hear your thoughts on the topics we cover. Leave a comment and let us know what you think.
Suggest Future Topics: We are always looking for new and relevant topics to cover in our videos. If there is a topic you would like to see us explore, please let us know in the comments.
Don't forget to subscribe to our channel, like our videos, and hit the notification bell to stay up-to-date on new content. From all of us at [Name of Channel], we wish you a great day and happy viewing!
Background Music: [Insert Music]
Note: Feel free to add any additional relevant information about your channel or website here.