- author: Sonny Sangha
Solving the Rubik's Cube: Step Two
If you've mastered step one of solving the Rubik's Cube, it's time to move on to step two. In this step, we'll solve the top corner pieces, which is also known as the top corner phase. Once you've completed step two, you can move on to step three and solve the middle corners.
Steps to Solve the Top Corner Pieces
- Find the piece with white attached to it. This piece will go to the top layer.
- Locate the correct position for the piece. Keep your attention on the top layer.
- Slide the piece into the correct position.
- Rotate the cube so that the white is on the top.
- Pull the piece down, rotate to the side, and push back up.
- Repeat the previous steps until you have solved all the top corner pieces.
- Piece with orange and blue corners: Spin the piece so that it's in place. Move it to the side with the blue and red corners, which is the correct position. Pull it down, bring it back in place, and push it back up.
- Piece with orange and green corners: Move the piece to the green-orange side to get it in the correct position. Pull it down and slide it back in place. Push it back up.
Piece underneath: Bring the white piece to the top and rotate the cube to the left or right. Click the bottom layer twice to get the right piece in position, then pull it back up to the top layer and slide it in place.
Rotated corner piece: Rotate that corner piece down, move it to the side, rotate it back upwards, and slide it in place.
Remember, you may not always keep the white on top, so don't get confused. Also, it's essential to practice these steps to make your hands memorize these patterns to make the process more comfortable and quicker.
With these steps in mind, you can solve the Rubik's Cube and level up your game. If you get stuck at any steps, keep practicing and master the patterns. After you've completed step one and two, move to step three, where we'll solve the middle corners. Once you've mastered all the steps, you can solve the Rubik's Cube with ease.