- author: Python and Pandas with Reuven Lerner
How to Use the Net Level Modeling Commons
In this article, we will discuss how to use the Net Level Modeling Commons website, which lets you share your Net Logo models with the world and collaborate with other people on them. We will also go over the process of uploading your model to the Modeling Commons website.
Before we start, you need to have the following:
- A Modeling Commons account (if you do not have one, you need to register and log in first).
- A copy of Net Logo software (if you do not have one, you can download it from the UCL website).
- A model that you want to upload.
Uploading a Model
- Start by creating a Net Logo model. You can create the simplest possible model with features like empty random m and R T random one.
- Save this model to your computer in the folder you want, using a name that you like.
- Visit the Modeling Commons website, and log in with your account.
- Go to the 'Add Model' section and enter the name of the model you want to upload, followed by the file you want to upload.
- Choose whether you want to upload a preview image for your model.
- Set the permissions - you can restrict changes only to yourself, or you can allow every user to change it.
- Upload the model.
Now your model is uploaded, and it has its page on the Modeling Commons website.
Running Your Model
- Go to the run tab on your model's page.
- Click the 'setup' button to load the Java back-end for applets.
- You may have to wait a few moments for this to load.
- You can run the model.
Updating Your Model
If you want to add new features or make changes to your model, you can do so easily.
- Go back to your Net Logo software and make the changes you want to the model.
- Save these changes on your desktop.
- Go back to the Modeling Commons website and log in with your account.
- Click on the 'popular' tab.
- You can now upload the new version of your model.
- Set the permissions for your new version of the model.
- Upload the new version.
Now your new version of the model is uploaded, and it will replace the previous version.
Benefits of Using Net Level Modeling Commons
One of the benefits of using the Net Level Modeling Commons website is that it allows you to collaborate with other users. You can set the permissions to your model, so that other users can see your model and suggest changes or additions to it. This not only helps to improve your model but also provides an opportunity for you to learn from other users.
Another benefit of using the Net Level Modeling Commons website is that it provides a platform for sharing your model with the world. Even users who are not registered on the Modeling Commons website can view your model and discuss it. This can help you to reach a larger audience, get feedback, and learn from a wider range of perspectives.
In conclusion, the Net Level Modeling Commons website is an essential platform for sharing and collaborating on Net Logo models. By following the steps outlined in this article, you will be able to upload your models, run them, and collaborate with other users. Additionally, you will be able to benefit from the experience and knowledge of other users and reach a wider audience. If you have any questions, suggestions, or bug reports regarding the Modeling Commons website, you can always email the developers at [email protected].