- author: Google Search Central
How to Update Information Displayed on Google Maps
If you own a business or a physical store that customers visit, it is essential to ensure that your business information displayed on Google Maps is correct and up-to-date. Google Maps is an excellent tool for promoting your local business and making it easy for customers to find you. In this article, we will discuss how to update the information displayed on Google Maps.
Use Google My Business to Manage Your Local Business Information
Google My Business is a free tool that allows businesses to manage their local business information on Google Maps and Google Search. By verifying ownership of your business listing on Google My Business, you can manage how your business appears on Google Maps, including your business name, category, address, phone number, website URL, photos, and opening hours.
Benefits of Using Google My Business
Using Google My Business has many benefits for your local business, including:
- Improving your search engine visibility: By keeping your business information accurate and up-to-date, you can increase your business's chances of appearing in local search results and Google Maps.
- Connecting with customers: You can use Google My Business to interact with customers and receive reviews, which can help you improve your business's online reputation.
- Enhancing your Google Maps listing: You can add photos and videos to showcase your business and make your listing stand out on Google Maps, making it easy for customers to find you.
How to Verify Ownership of Your Business Listing on Google My Business
To update your business information on Google Maps, you need to verify your business listing's ownership on Google My Business. Here's how:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on "Add a location" or "Manage location," depending on whether your business is already listed on Google Maps.
- Enter your business name and address in the search bar. If your business is already listed, claim the listing by clicking "Own this business? Claim it now."
- Follow the instructions to verify your business listing's ownership. Verification methods include receiving a postcard, phone call, email, or instant verification for eligible businesses.
How to Update Your Business Information on Google My Business
Once you verify ownership of your business listing on Google My Business, you can update your business information as follows:
- Log in to your Google My Business account and select the location you want to manage.
- Click on the "Info" tab in the left menu to edit your business information, such as name, category, address, phone number, website URL, photos, and opening hours.
- Click on the "Photos" tab to add new photos or videos to your listing or remove outdated media.
- Click on the "Posts" tab to create posts with updates, offers, events, or other content to promote your business on Google Search and Maps.
- Click on the "Reviews" tab to monitor and respond to customer reviews to improve your business's reputation.
By using Google My Business to keep your business information updated and accurate on Google Maps and Google Search, you can attract more customers and increase your business's visibility online. Updating your business information regularly and responding to reviews can help you build a positive reputation online and drive more traffic to your business. Ensure that your customers can easily find you on Google Maps by following these simple steps in managing your Google My Business account.