- author: Design with Canva
How to Design Newsletters in Canva That Grab Attention and Engage Your Audience
Have you ever received a newsletter and actually read it from beginning to end? What made you read that particular newsletter? Was it the sleek layout, catchy title, funny images, or just the right amount of text? In this article, we will show you step by step how to design newsletters in Canva that not only grab attention but engage your audience and keep them coming back for more.
Step 1: Find a Newsletter You Actually Enjoyed Reading
The first step to creating a successful newsletter is to find a newsletter that you actually enjoyed reading. Look through your inbox and find a newsletter that caught and held your attention. Take note of what made it stand out.
Step 2: Use AI to Analyze Why the Newsletter Was Engaging
A little hack to help you design engaging newsletters is to use AI, specifically Chat GPT, to analyze why the newsletter you enjoyed reading was actually good. Copy all of the content from the newsletter and paste it into Chat GPT to receive a list of reasons why it was well written and caught your attention. Pay attention to the highlighted reasons and use them as a guide when designing your own newsletter.
Step 3: Select the Right Template to Start Your Newsletter
From the Canva homepage, use the search bar to find newsletter templates. Apply various filters such as style, theme, feature, etc., to narrow down the options. Preview the templates that catch your eye and select one or two to customize in the Canva editor.
Step 4: Customize the Template and Add Engaging Elements
Once you have selected your template, customize it in the Canva editor. Add attention-grabbing headlines, interesting subheadings, expert opinions, visual elements, and calls to action to make your newsletter engaging. Don't forget to include a balance of text and visuals, and make sure your content is timely and relevant to your audience.
Step 5: Distribute Your Newsletter Using Issuu
Use Issuu as your all-in-one platform to create and distribute beautiful digital content. Turn your boring documents and static PDFs into beautiful digital flipbooks to engage and delight your audience.
In conclusion, designing engaging newsletters in Canva is easy if you follow these simple steps. Find inspiration from newsletters you enjoy reading, analyze them using AI, select the right template, customize it with engaging elements, and distribute it using Issuu. With these tips and tricks, you can create newsletters that grab attention and keep your audience coming back for more.
How to Customize and Add Content to Your Canva Newsletter Template
So, you've found the perfect Canva newsletter template to use for your business or personal project, but now you need to customize it and add your content. In this article, we'll take you through the step-by-step process of how to customize your template, add more pages, and pour your content into it. We'll also show you how to add links and media to your newsletter to make it more engaging and interactive.
Customize Your Template
Once you've found your base Canva newsletter template, it's time to customize it to fit your needs. Here's how:
- Open your template in the Canva editor.
- Start tweaking the elements and customizing everything in the template.
- If you need more pages, you can duplicate one of the existing pages or import pages from other templates you started.
- To import pages from other templates:
- Add a new page in your newsletter template.
- Look for the "Projects" tab in your object panel and click on it.
- Scroll down until you see the "Start" folder, which contains all the templates you recently started.
- Choose the template you want to import pages from and select the pages you want to add to your newsletter.
Pour Your Content Into Your Newsletter
Once you've decided on the number of pages and sections you want in your newsletter, you can pour your content into it. Here are some tips:
- Keep your content within the boundaries you set in point number two.
- Stay focused on your newsletter's purpose and consider the audience you're targeting.
- Highlight anything recent and relevant to keep your readers informed and engaged.
Add Links and Media
To make your newsletter more engaging and interactive, you can add links and media to it. Here's how:
- Add your links:
- Select the button you want to add the link to.
- Click on the "More" icon and select the "Link" button.
- Paste your link URL into the first box and hit enter.
- Embed your media:
- For YouTube videos, click on the "Share" button on the video you want to embed.
- Copy the link and paste it into your Canva document. The video should embed automatically.
- For other types of media, you can use the "Embed" button or simply copy and paste the link to embed it.
By following these steps, you can customize and add your content to your Canva newsletter template and make it more engaging and interactive for your readers. Remember to keep your content relevant and targeted to your audience to create a successful newsletter.
Styling Your Newsletter with Canva and Sharing it with Issue
In this section, we will guide you through the process of styling your newsletter using Canva and sharing it with Issue.
Adding Embedded Media to Canva
Before styling your newsletter, you might need to add embedded media to it. There are two ways of doing this, we recommend the new method which is simpler. You can grab the link to the media and paste it anywhere on the Canva document, and it should embed the media. Alternatively, you can use the old-fashioned way by going to the apps and finding the embed app. You can then paste your link to add the embedded media to your design.
Styling Your Newsletter for Consistency
The next step after adding embedded media to your newsletter is to style it in line with your brand's visual identity. You can manually change colors of each element on Canva by clicking on the color button and choosing colors from your brand kit. If you are a Canva pro user, you can swap the default colors with those from your brand kit, ensuring your document has a consistent brand identity.
When styling your Canva document, consistency is key. Ensure that all the colors and fonts are consistent with your brand kit. If you do not have a brand kit set up on Canva, you can choose one of its predefined visual identities under the 'design' tab on the 'style' section. You can select one of its color palettes and apply it to your document.
Sharing Your Newsletter Using Issue
There are various ways you can share your newsletter with the world, such as attaching the PDF to an email or uploading it to the cloud and sharing the link. However, the best way is to use Issue, an app that turns your newsletter into a beautiful digital flip book.
Issue elevates your newsletters or products from basic PDFs to interactive digital publications, making them look professional and stand out. With Issue, you get a single link that is easy to share, and it offers detailed analytics that allow you to track who reads your content and impressions. Depending on the plan you're on, you can even monetize your publications and make some money.
In conclusion, styling your newsletter with Canva and sharing it with Issue is an excellent way of creating a consistent brand identity and making your content stand out.
Using Issue to Elevate Your Digital Publications
If you're looking to create and publish digital publications, you may want to consider using Issue. This platform offers a range of features that can help you track readership, monetize your publications, and engage your audience. In this article, we'll explore some of the key benefits of using Issue and how it integrates with Canva.
Key Features of Issue
- Detailed Analytics: With Issue, you can track who reads your content and impressions, giving you valuable insights into your readership.
- Monetization Options: Depending on the plan you choose, you can monetize your publications and earn money directly through the platform.
- Public Profile: All Issue users get a public profile, which can be useful for promoting your newsletter or other publications.
- Embed Links and Media: With Issue, you can easily embed links, videos, and other media directly into your publications.
- Full Screen Sharing: Premium users can enjoy a full-screen reader with no ads and an option to embed Issue publications into their own website.
While the basic plan is free, premium plans offer additional features and customization options. For example, you can embed your flip books on your own website, allow readers to download your publications, or even sell them on Issue with no commission fees.
Getting Started with Issue and Canva
To get started, you'll need to create an Issue account. You can use the link in the video description to access the sign-up page. From there, you can choose the plan that works best for you.
If you're interested in the premium features, you can use the promo code "Randy50" to get a 50% discount on any annual plan.
Once you've created your Issue account, you can start using it with Canva. Simply click the "Share" button in the Canva editor and select the "Issue" option.
From there, you can select the pages you want to publish on Issue. Canva will prepare your document and provide you with a link to view your publication on Issue.
Elevating Your Flipbooks with Links and Media
Another great feature of Issue is the ability to add links, videos, and other media directly into your publications. If you embed media in Canva and it doesn't pick up in Issue, you can easily add it manually by going to the "Add Links and Videos" section.
Once you've added all your links and media, you can hit the "Publish" button and your publication will be live on your Issue public profile.
Sharing Your Publication as a Website
If you want to share your newsletter or publication as a website, you can also do so with Canva. Simply go to the "Share" button and select the "Website" option. From there, you can customize your website and share it with your audience.
Overall, using Issue in conjunction with Canva can help elevate your digital publications and reach a wider audience. Whether you're looking to track readership, monetize your content, or engage your audience with multimedia, Issue offers a range of features that can help you achieve your goals.
Making Your Newsletter Engaging and Easy to Share
In this tutorial, we covered several ways to create an engaging newsletter using Canva. We also explored different ways to share it with the world. In case you missed it, here's a recap:
Creating a Website with Canva
Once you have designed your newsletter in Canva, you can easily turn it into a website by using the Share button. Here's how you can do it:
- Click on the Share button.
- Click on "More" to access additional sharing options.
- Find the website icon and click on it.
- Choose whether you want your website to be a presentation, a scrolling website, classic navigation, or standard.
- Canva will generate your website with a clean, professional look.
- Share the URL with your audience and enjoy how easy it is to share your content.
Using QR Codes to Share Your Newsletter
You can also create a QR code with the URL of your Canva website, making it easier for people to scan and access your newsletter. Here's how:
- Use a QR code generator such as QR Code Monkey or QR Code Generator.
- Enter the URL of your Canva website.
- Customize the QR code with your brand colors.
- Download the QR code and add it to your newsletter, email, or other communication channels.
Creating an Interactive Digital Flipbook with Issue
Another way to share your newsletter is by using Issue - a publishing platform that allows you to create interactive digital flipbooks. Here's how you can get started:
- Create an account on Issue using the link in the description.
- Upload your Canva newsletter to Issue.
- Add interactive elements such as pop-ups or videos.
- Share the URL of your flipbook with your audience.
We hope this tutorial has inspired you to create an engaging newsletter that is easy to share with your audience. Remember to experiment with different templates, mix and match sections, and add your own branding to make it stand out. And don't forget to use the different sharing options available to you - from creating a website to using QR codes or publishing on platforms like Issue. Happy creating!