- author: All About AI
How to Create a Script to Chat with GPT and Get a Voice Response
Have you ever wanted to engage in a conversation with an AI chatbot using only your voice? In today's YouTube tutorial, we'll show you how to create a simple script that lets you talk with chat GPT and get a voice response back.
What You'll Need
- Open AI API key
- 11 Labs API key
- Python script from GitHub
How It Works
The Python script we've created makes it easy to engage in conversations with chat GPT using your own voice. By using Open AI's whisper to translate your voice into text, chat GPT can understand what you're saying. Then, using the 11 Labs API, chat GPT can respond with a synthesized voice message.
Let's try it out. We'll set up a demo where you're a therapist, and your task is to help a patient named Chris feel better about an upcoming work assignment. Here's the conversation:
- Julie: Can you tell me more about the anxiety you're feeling around this big work assignment?
- Chris: Yeah, I'm just a bit nervous. I haven't really done this before, so I don't know exactly what to expect.
- Julie: It's completely normal to feel nervous when facing a new experience. Could you perhaps share what specific aspects of this assignment are causing you the most concern?
- Chris: It's like going up on stage. You're very worried about your presentation. Do you say something stupid?
- Julie: Understandable. Public speaking can be daunting. Have you tried rehearsing your presentation out loud or even in front of a small group to gain some confidence?
- Chris: No, I really haven't. Do you think that's a good idea?
- Julie: Absolutely, Chris. Rehearsing can help you familiarize yourself with the material and reduce anxiety. Why don't you give it a try and see how you feel?
- Chris: Yeah, I guess I could do that.
- Julie: Great. Let's start with deep breathing. Close your eyes, take a deep breath in through your nose for a count of four, hold it for a count of seven, then exhale through your mouth for a count of eight. Repeat this a few times and see how you feel.
- Chris: Okay, let me try.
- Julie: Remember, this is about finding a rhythm that helps you relax and focus. Let me know how you feel afterwards.
- Chris: Yeah, I feel great. I think that kind of helped.
- Julie: Would you like to explore meditation more, Chris?
- Chris: Maybe in our next session. So, I gotta go now. Thank you for today, and have a great day.
- Julie: You're welcome, Chris. I'm looking forward to our next session. Have a successful day and remember to use the techniques we discussed when you feel anxious. Take care.
- Chris: Bye bye.
As you can see, the conversation is quick, with only a few seconds between each response.
How to Get the API Keys
To run the script yourself, you'll need to get your own Open AI and 11 Labs API keys. Here's how to do it:
- Open AI API key: Go to platform.openai.com and head to your personal page. Click on "View API key" and then "Create a secret key."
- 11 Labs API key: Go to the main page, click on your profile, and you'll see your API key.
How to Get the Voices
To get your own voices, follow these steps:
- Go to 11 Labs API Reference and click on "API Playground."
- Click on "Get Voices" and paste in your API key.
- Scroll down until you find the voice you want. Copy the "voice ID."
- Paste the voice ID into the Python script in the designated spot.
With this simple script, you can now engage in conversations with chat GPT using your own voice. The possibilities for this technology are endless, and we hope that this tutorial has been useful for you. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments, and be sure to check out the link in the description for the script on GitHub. Thank you for tuning in, and have a great day!