- author: Marcus Svedin
Ethically Stealing Your Competitor's Traffic: The Top Two Ways
Have you ever wondered how to ethically steal your competitor's traffic without them knowing and redirect it straight to your website or funnel? Well, in this article, we'll show you the top two ways to accomplish this and exactly how it's done! The great news is that anyone can do this, and it will work for almost any niche.
Step 1: Finding Your Competitor's Websites
The first step is finding out where your competitors' websites are and where they're sending traffic to. The easiest way to do this is by using Google search. Follow these simple steps:
- In the Google search bar, type in the keywords related to your products or services.
- Click on the top ads and open them in new tabs.
- Click on the SEO results and open them in new tabs as well.
- Gather all the URLs by copying and pasting them onto a document for later use.
Step 2: Creating an Audience
You can create an audience around your competitor's website URLs and their placements by using Google Ads account. Here's how:
- In your Google Ads account, head over to "tools and settings" and click on "audience manager."
- Click on "custom segments."
- Add your URLs to "people who browse types of websites" under the "similar to" section.
- Google might provide you with some insight on what your audience looks like.
- Click on "save." Congratulations! You have now created your first competitor website audience.
Note: You can also target other websites your dream clients may be visiting, such as internet tools, marketing tools, or email marketing tools, by using this same method.
Step 3: Create an Ad
Creating an ad is the third and final step in stealing your competitor's traffic ethically. The best way to capitalize on this traffic is through YouTube advertising. Before creating a YouTube ad, make sure you have a script ready. Here's a summary of how to proceed:
- Create your ad for YouTube with your script.
- Use the audience you created in Google Ads and place the ad in front of people who visited these specific websites.
- Capitalize on the traffic by placing ads in front of them, since 95% of people who visit someone's website don't usually take an action.
Conclusion: By following these simple steps, you can ethically steal your competitor's traffic without them even knowing. Use these tips and strategies to increase your website visitors and funnel traffic organically.
Capitalizing on Competitor Traffic with YouTube Advertising
One of the most effective ways to reach a targeted audience is by advertising on YouTube. By leveraging the traffic of your competitors, you can put your products or services in front of people who are already interested in what you have to offer. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to create a successful YouTube advertising campaign.
Step 1: Create a Website Audience
The first step in creating a YouTube advertising campaign is to create a website audience. This will allow you to target people who have already visited your website and shown an interest in your products or services. To set this up, you will need to install the Google Ads Pixel on your website. Once this is done, you can create a custom audience based on the pages they have visited, the time they spent on your website, and other criteria.
Step 2: Create a YouTube Ad Script
The second step in creating a successful YouTube advertising campaign is to create a compelling ad script. To do this, you will need to break your script down into four parts:
- The hook: Grab your audience's attention in the first few seconds of the video.
- The elevator pitch: Explain what viewers will learn from watching the video.
- The story: Deliver on the value you promised in the elevator pitch.
- The close: Tell viewers what they should do next (i.e. click a link or visit your website).
Creating an effective script is the most challenging part of creating a YouTube ad, but it is also the most important. Your ad script should speak directly to your target audience and make it clear why they should choose your products or services over your competitors'.
Step 3: Set Up Your YouTube Advertising Campaign
Once you have your website audience and your ad script, it's time to set up your YouTube advertising campaign. Here's how to do it:
- Log in to your Google Ads account and click on "New Campaign."
- Choose your campaign goal (leads or sales) and select your conversion action.
- Choose "Video" as your campaign type and name your campaign.
- Set your budget and targeting options, including locations, languages, and demographics.
- Choose your bidding strategy (we recommend "Maximize Conversions").
- Set up your ad group and select your YouTube ad as the creative.
- Choose your placements, including your website audience and your competitors' channels or videos.
- Name your ad and click "Create Campaign."
How to Effectively Use YouTube Advertising to Steal Your Competitors' Traffic
Are you struggling to get traffic to your website or YouTube channel? Have you considered using YouTube advertising to steal your competitors' traffic? With the right strategies, you can effectively target people who have already shown interest in your competitors' content.
Pick Your Placements and Language
To get started, pick your locations and language. When setting up your YouTube advertising campaign, don't worry about related videos, demographics, or audience segments. Instead, focus on specific placements where your live content can be shown.
Specific Targeting and Placements
Set specific targeting and untick TVs as no one opts for it. Add one pair of placements at first, but aim for as many as possible. Check out Tube Sift descriptions and the link to get your pricing right.
Copy and paste YouTube URLs that you want to target as placements. Enter the placement and click on "Add placements." Try to get as many placements as you can.
Skippable In-Stream Ads
For your skippable in-stream ad, make sure to put in your funnel URL. Display your URL, add a call to action, and create a short headline.
Bidding and Campaign
Start out bidding at 25 cents a view and bid higher to get your ads to pop up as much as possible. Click on "Create campaign," and you're ready to go. Once the bidding is over, your ads will start showing to people who have watched your competitor's content.
If you need help with YouTube advertising, you can book a call with a professional for $97 or check out the main YouTube ad trainings on the YouTube channel.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to steal your competitors' traffic with YouTube advertising. Hit that thumbs up button, subscribe, and share the video. With these strategies, you're sure to see traffic growth to your website or YouTube channel!Creating a successful youtube advertising campaign takes time and effort, but it can be a highly effective way to reach your target audience. by leveraging the traffic of your competitors, you can put your products or services in front of people who are already interested in what you have to offer. follow the steps outlined in this article to create a youtube ad that will get results.